Dear Prospective Family, Thank you for your interest in Saint Anne Parish School … a two time award winning school for Academic Excellence determined by … Read More...
About Your Teacher
Hi, my name is Brittany Fang and this will be my third year teaching second grade at St. Anne School. I was fortunate enough to student teach with Mrs. Sharon Curran and fell in love with this school. This community is a second home to me and I strive for my students to feel the same.
I am a graduate of Northeastern Illinois University. I received my Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education. Teaching has always been my passion. I love watching the excitement and joy on a child’s face after having accomplished a challenging task. Children in the primary grades experience major gains academically and socially. Each child’s personality begins to take shape during these years. I believe with support (differentiation and confidence-building) each child can achieve any goal.
Resources and Links
- IXL – Each student has his/her own personal login for this website. Students can complete Mathematics and English Language Arts problems. Students are able to choose problems by topic or grade level.
- Scholastic Book Wizard – This website allows you to search a book title and determine its Guided Reading level. Each student knows what letter he or she reads at just ask. A student will be less frustrated with reading when the book is close to their reading level.
- BrainPOP Jr. – BrainPOP Jr. offers free educational videos and a different educational “Movie of the Week”. Each movie has quizzes, activities, games and more available.
- Worksheet Works – This website offers lots of extra practice, puzzles and graphic organizers for students. You can search by Math, English Language, and Geography topics.
- Scholastic for Parents – Scholastic’s website for parents features book lists, reading resources, guides to school success, activities, printables, and more.
News From Our Classroom
Summer is coming to a close and we all know what that means.
Are you ready for some….
No, not football, I am talking about school! I can’t wait to learn and grow with this new team of second graders.