Dear Prospective Family, Thank you for your interest in Saint Anne Parish School … a two time award winning school for Academic Excellence determined by … Read More...
About Your Teacher
I am a recent graduate of Northeastern Illinois University. I received my Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education. Teaching has always been my passion. I love watching the excitement and joy on a child’s face after having accomplished a challenging task. Children in the primary grades experience major gains academically and socially. Each child’s personality begins to take shape during these years. I believe with support (differentiation and confidence-building) each child can achieve any goal.
My classroom is a welcoming community. The students and myself spend a majority of the year with each other in our room. Before learning can begin we work on social skills and teamwork. My goal is for the students in my room to feel like a family.
Resources and Links
- IXL – Each student has his/her own personal login for this website. Students can complete Mathematics and English Language Arts problems. Students are able to choose problems by topic or grade level.
- Scholastic Book Wizard – This website allows you to search a book title and determine its Guided Reading level. Each student knows what letter he or she reads at just ask. A student will be less frustrated with reading when the book is close to their reading level.
- BrainPOP Jr. – BrainPOP Jr. offers free educational videos and a different educational “Movie of the Week”. Each movie has quizzes, activities, games and more available.
- Worksheet Works – This website offers lots of extra practice, puzzles and graphic organizers for students. You can search by Math, English Language, and Geography topics.
- Scholastic for Parents – Scholastic’s website for parents features book lists, reading resources, guides to school success, activities, printables, and more.
News From Our Classroom
To celebrate the end of our discovery of habitats and adaptations the second grade headed off to the zoo today! We separated into small groups to see as much of Brookfield Zoo as possible.
Now on to our next adventure completing our animal presentations!
Don’t forget to ask your child how their research is coming and how to use Google Sites and Slides!
Thanks to all of our grandparents for coming out and spending the day with us! We hope you loved our concert, prayer service, and working with us. The students had a blast showing off all they know about animal adaptations while creating animals that can survive in the savanna, arctic, or desert!
Summer is coming to a close and we all know what that means.
Are you ready for some….
No, not football, I am talking about school! I can’t wait to learn and grow with this new team of second graders.