School Advisory Board
Fr. Bernie Pietrzak, Pastor
Mrs. Dawn Kapka, Principal
Mr. Jim Reilly, Chairperson
Mrs. Eryka Accordino
Mrs. Lia Douglas
Mrs. Hayde Federighi
Dr. Catherine Gavino
Mrs. Brook Radford
Mrs. Kim Skonie
What is the school board and what is its purpose?
The school board is an active body made up of ten parishioners who are asked to give suggestions and advice to the school principal and parish pastor regarding various school issues. The board sets tuition rates and tracks the budget for the school. The board is also involved in promoting the school, both in the parish and the community at large. The school board is involved in numerous other activities including; long term planning, curriculum updates, school policy, marketing, technology, building maintenance needs, as well as staying abreast of events and issues concerning the Athletic Board and the Home and School boards. It should be noted that the school board does not function as a grievance board, nor does it have a role with staffing issues. The only exception to this is that the board does form a search committee and advise the pastor as to its recommendation should the principal’s position ever become vacant.
How often does the board meet?
The St. Anne School Advisory Board meets once each month (except June and July) as a whole body. Various committees meet as needed throughout the year and report back to the board. In general, meetings are held in the School Conference Room and are open to the public. They are scheduled to start at 7pm on the third Thursday of each month, begin with prayer, and usually last no longer than two hours.
How long is a term?
Each year, three people are selected to fill a three year term. At the end of those three years, the existing board members are allowed to nominate themselves for the selection process again should they wish to be considered for a new term on the board and these three existing members will serve as the nominating committee for the new members replacing them. The president is selected by the board to a one year position. The immediate past president of the board is asked to stay on the board for a final year as an advisor and non-voting member. Thus, there are usually ten board members at any given time.
Who is qualified to be a school board member?
Anyone who is an adult parishioner of St. Anne who is in good standing meets the requirements to be on the school board. Board members do not need to have children in the school nor do they need to have children at all. It is desirable for the nominee to have an interest in promoting Catholic education and has the enthusiasm to bring their talents and skills with them to the board. The board always has a need for people with financial, legal and accounting skills. Talent or background in public relations, teaching and school administration is also valuable. Perhaps most important, however, is a desire to get involved with, and work for, our outstanding school.
Please note that all adult volunteers in the school (including board members) are asked to undergo a routine screening process conducted by the Archdiocese. This is done very simply over the internet and takes a only few minutes to complete. Please contact the school office for more information.
How does the selection process work?
The current policy stipulates that each year the pastor may make an appointment from among the parishioners. The school board then makes the other two (or three as the case may be) appointments from among those who have applied and nominated themselves for board consideration. Each of these appointments is done after prayerful discernment. (Discussions and names are kept confidential).
Home and School Association
Standing rules are rules related to the administration of an association rather than to procedure. They may be changed when necessary by a two-thirds vote without previous notice. If there is a possibility of serious disagreement, however, previous notice should be given.
- Expenditures up to $5000.00 may be approved by the Executive Committee without vote of the membership. Any expenditure voted by the membership must have had prior approval by the Executive Committee.
- The Treasurer’s Report shall be distributed at each meeting. An annual report will be distributed at the last meeting of the school year.
- No fund raising activities shall be undertaken without the consent and approval of the pastor and/or principal.
- There shall be a minimum of five regularly scheduled meetings a year.
- At the end of the school year, the treasury should be adjusted to zero value except for the operating budget, with the monies being transferred over to the school fund and be earmarked as additional funds for Home & School.
|Sunday||August 18||2019 Back to School Mass/Meet the Teacher|
|Sunday||August 18||2019 Used Uniform Sale|
|Thursday||August 22||2019 New Family Pizza Party in the Hospitality Room|
|Friday||August 23||2019 Welcome Back Coffee|
|September (no specified date)||Mums Sale|
|Friday||September 6||2019 Home & School Meeting (8:30 AM)|
|Friday||September 6||2019 Pizza Day/Change for Charity|
|Friday||September 13||2019 Jimmy John Day/Spirit Wear Dress Down Day|
|Friday||September 13||2019 Jog A Thon Fundraiser|
|Friday||September 20||2019 Culver’s Day|
|October (no specified date)||Magazine drive push, Yankee Candle|
|Thursday||October 3||2019 Home and School Meeting (7:00-8:00 PM)|
|Friday||October 4||2019 Pizza Day/Change for Charity|
|Friday||October 11||2019 Jimmy John Day/Spirit Wear Dress Down Day|
|October 7th – October 11th||Book Fair|
|Thursday||October 10||2019 Grandparents Day/Special Person’s Day|
|Thursday||October 10||2019 Teacher Appreciation Dinner during Conferences|
|Friday||October 25||2019 Spook-a-palooza|
|Friday||October 25||2019 Culver’s Day|
|November (no specified date) Advent calendar||Art to Remember, Dining out event, GL script push|
|Friday||November 1||2019 Pizza Day/Change for Charity|
|Friday||November 8||2019 Jimmy John Day/Spirit Wear Dress Down Day|
|Friday||November 8||2019 Home and School meeting (8:30 AM)|
|Friday||November 15||2019 Culver’s Day|
|December (no specified date)||Poinsettias Delivery, GL script push|
|Friday||December 6||2019 Pizza Day/Change for Charity|
|Friday||December 13||2019 Jimmy John Day/Spirit Wear Dress Down Day|
|December 12-13||2019 Santa Secret Shop|
|Friday||December 20||2019 Culver’s Day|
|Thursday||January 9||2020 Home and School Meeting (7:00-8:00 PM)|
|Friday||January 10||2020 Pizza Day/Change for Charity|
|Friday||January 17||2020 Jimmy John Day/Spirit Wear Dress Down Day|
|Friday||January 24||2020 Culver’s Day|
|January 26 – 31||2020 Catholic Schools Week|
|Sunday||January 26||2020 Open House and hospitality after 9 am mass|
|Catholic Schools Week||TBD||Extra Culver’s Day|
|Friday||February 7||2020 Pizza Day/Change for Charity|
|Friday||February 7||2020 Home and School Meeting (8:30 AM)|
|Friday||February 21||2020 Jimmy John/Spirit Wear Dress Down Day|
|Friday||February 21||2020 Father Daughter Dance|
|Saturday||February 22||2020 Mother Son Event|
|Thursday||February 27||2020 Culver’s Day|
|March||Magazine drive push|
|Friday||March 6||2020 Home and School Meeting (8:30 AM)|
|Friday||March 6||2020 Pizza Day/Change for Charity|
|Thursday||March 12||2020 Jimmy John Day/Spirit Wear Dress Down Day|
|Thursday||March 19||2020 Culver’s Day|
|Thursday||March 19||2020 St. Joseph’s Table|
|Friday||April 3||2020 Pizza Day/Change for Charity|
|Thursday||April 9||2020 Jimmy John Day/ Spirit Wear Dress Down Day|
|Friday||April 10||2020 Home and School Meeting (8:30 AM)|
|Friday||April 17||2020 Pasta Bingo|
|Friday||April 17||2020 Culver’s Day|
|April 27th – May 1st||Book Fair|
|May 4th – May 8th||Teacher and Administration Appreciation Week|
|Friday||May 1||2020 Pizza Day/Change for Charity|
|Friday||May 8||2020 Last Home & School meeting / Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast|
|Friday||May 8||2020 Jimmy John Day/Spirit Wear Dress Down Day|
|Friday||May 15||2020 Culver’s Day|
|Friday||June 1||2020 Field Day|
Saint Anne Parish School e-News Letter (Cardinal Connection)
If you would like to sign up for the Cardinal Connection please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Saint Anne Parish School Handbook
Financial Information> Please attach all current tuition information on our current website
Your school code: G8NGV
-School Supplies, coming soon!
Door to Door Drop Off & Pick Up
Please proceed onto eastbound Franklin Street following the guidance of our faculty. Pull up as far as possible into the curb cut. Do not get out of your car. Your child must exit curbside. As an alternative to the drop off, you are welcome to park in the lot and walk your child across the street at the corner. Please remember that there is no parking or standing in front of school in the morning.
The morning curbside drop off is only to be used by parents dropping off children without the need to get out of the car and assist students. Under no circumstances should the driver door and/or street side door be opened.
- Each family has received a number coded card for their vehicle. This card will designate a numbering system for picking up children after school.
- Please note that there will be NO parking in the main parking lot between 10:30am and 1:30pm due to recess.
- In order for our system to work well, we strongly discourage you from parking on Franklin Street (between Ela and North Avenue) at least 30 minutes before dismissal.
NORMAL PICKUP PROCEDURES
- Display your card on dashboard and park in main lot. The lot supervisor will instruct you.
- If you are picking up children from another family, display only your card on dashboard. The children will be brought to your car, based on your family number.
- Please be sure your children are aware of which family will be picking them up each day, and what the correct family number is for their pick up.
- After parking in the lot, please feel free to get out of your car and socialize with friends (until pickup begins). As a courtesy to others, if weather permits, please shut off your engine whenever possible.
- Enter the lot only from Washington Street. If the lot becomes full; the lot supervisor will cue an equal number of cars, from each direction, on Washington Street. Cars entering from Ela Street will not be admitted.
- As you approach the front of the lot, you will be instructed to enter the curb cut. Your children will be waiting for you, and an assistant will help load them. Please remain in your car during loading. All children will be loaded via the curbside only. Do not allow children to enter the car from the street side.
- When all cars in the curb cut are loaded, you will be asked to depart. It is imperative that you follow behind the car ahead, and do not try to bypass anyone. You may turn left, or right, onto North Avenue.
- If your children are not at the curb cut when you pull up you will be asked to pull ahead of the curb cut (still on Franklin Street), and your children will be brought to your car.
- Please keep in mind that it is against the law to be on a cell phone in a school zone. We ask that you honor that in our community as well.
- All walkers will be dismissed from the back of the gym only. Under no circumstances should anyone exit school into the gathering space.
SPECIAL PICKUP PROCEDURES
- If you cannot pick up your children, using the normal pickup procedures, for a specific reason (appointments, projects, etc.), you may contact the office and make special arrangements.
Thank you for your compliance.